Second Semester has commenced. I can't believe I have been here for a semester already! A few minor changes happened - some of my 6th graders changed from one period to another, I gained a study hall, and I know a little (key word) bit more of what's going on, other than that this semester will be similar to the first. It is always nice to start new again though, to have a couple days free of grading (by choice), to re-evaluate my teaching and goals, and encourage students with a fresh start.
I have been reading in the book of Romans lately and I shared a few verses with my classes today (especially the seniors) that I will be praying for them this semester...
Romans 15:5, 6, 13 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, 6 so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. ... May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
I have been encouraged lately to focus on God's glory - a phrase I often use and hear others say, but I want to truly reflect upon and continually consider where my worship and focus is. Romans 5 says we rejoice in the hope of His glory! May my hope and the hope of my students not be in the fleeting things of this world, but in the eternal Glory of God this new Semester!
No comments:
Post a Comment