Last weekend I graciously offered my time to be a chaperon for a school field trip! Jessie led her Spanish I class on an excursion, yes, to the country of the language they were learning. We explored the city of Barcelona. Stepping into a country where I actually could understand most of what people were saying and could even somewhat respond in return was a nice treat! I got to practice almost immediately when our cab driver just kept talking away in Spanish to me in the front seat. I responded as well as I could, sometimes accidentally now inserting in a German word here or there :). While only there 2 full days, we were able to see La Sagrada Familia, a park designed by Gaudi, another beautiful cathedral, the beach, las ramblas, and more. My tummy was quite content as well, with great Paella and ice cream! It was also a blessing to get to know some of the kids more. I was so humbled by their faith and their love for the Lord. Rather than ask about our plans, one of the first things they asked about was if we could do devotions and worship together each day! Wow. They also sought to share the gospel with people we met and really encouraged each other in the Lord throughout the weekend. Their attitude, in putting Christ first, really challenged and encouraged me. Thank you Lord for a great opportunity, a beautiful new city to explore, and for working in the hearts of students!
 |
| Waiting for the Bus! We are all thrilled to be in Spain! |
 |
| Las Ramblas |
 |
| In front of the FC Barcelona Stadium |
 |
| Posing like the awkward statue |
 |
| The Beach! Jumping pictures seem to be a theme! |
No comments:
Post a Comment