Sunday, August 14, 2011

First two weeks down!

       It has almost been exactly two weeks since I left the states. In many ways it feels much longer than that, yet so fast at the same time. The first night we were warmly welcomed to the city by several staff members. The first week then was filled with going to different stores to fill our apartment, getting a tour of the center of the city, learning how to get around on the UBahn (the subway), meeting school staff, and much more. I have felt very well taken care of by the staff and it truly is like a family here, which is neat.
       Week 2 has been a little more independent. We had new staff orientation on Monday and Friday and we were given a few days "off" in between to do what we needed to do. So we made another trip to Ikea, found an Asian supermarket (where you can get baking soda and peanut butter :)), and set up a lot of things in our apartment. I will post pictures soon of the apartment and more!
        Today, I was able to explore a little on a longer run, which I thoroughly enjoyed! It is such a beautiful city, with great parks and amazing architecture. Then, Jessica and I tried two different churches and were able to eat a picnic in a park really close to our apartment. Please continue to pray for wisdom in deciding on a church!
        School starts on August 23. We will have one week of all staff orientation this week. We were able to meet the majority of the staff yesterday at a "back to school" BBQ, which was great. Thanks for all your prayers and support! It has been so incredibly evident and encouraging!

         Also see Jessie's blog for more updates on Vienna and our adventures ahead! http://adventuresinviennaaustria.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment