Friday, October 21, 2011

Birthday in Vienna

So I have officially celebrated my first birthday in Vienna! It was a beautiful day, and I am so thankful for everyone's cards, encouragements, and celebrations.

First destination: The Apfelhof (which is like an apple orchard). We picked potatoes, apples, and walnuts, while learning all about them from Farmer Bernhart. We got to go on a tractor ride to the apples, but had to sing in order to make the tractor "move". It was quite a fun morning!

The apple juice press

Enjoying freshly made apple juice! It was quite delicious!




In the afternoon, I was able to have tea in a cute cafe with another teacher who was also celebrating her birthday. Then we met up with a few others for a great Austrian dinner. 

Birthday Buddies!

Jessie claims these were the best french fries she's ever had!


We came across a really cute frozen yogurt
place on the way home from dinner!

Unfortunately my day ended with being able to watch the Illinois football game against Ohio State - of which I was confident they would win especially for my birthday and was sadly disappointed. 

Overall, it was a wonderful day! As I reflected on the past year and years, I am amazed by God's faithfulness. Many years ago God put in my heart an interest in teaching and a heart for the world. He has grown that and now has allowed me to live in an amazing city, and do the job/ministry/passion that I have dreamed about. As I reflected on this with one of the other staff, she was gracious and affirmed the fact that it really does seem like God had me here now and so specifically prepared me to jump right in and serve Him at ICSV. May He be glorified in this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment