The name: Spiritual Emphasis Week,
The theme: By His Design,
The logistics: Chapel everyday with worship and testimonies from staff members,
The impact: Incredible - only God knows!
| Worship - led by the high school praise band. |
Each day a different teacher humbly shared their faith journey, many of which included a great deal of suffering. Yet, in each story, whether the suffering was in the past or there were unanswered prayers now, a consistent theme was that God is good, He is faithful, and there is joy and blessing even in the midst of suffering when we run to the Lord. I specifically got to talk with one of my students who wanted to know and believe in Jesus, but did not yet know how. What an incredible blessing and opportunity it was to explain the good news that if we acknowledge our sins and believe that Jesus took the penalty for them on the cross and seek to live our life to honor Him (not perfectly, but seeking His will), we can have the promise of this joy and blessing and ultimately eternal life!!
Romans 10:9 "If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Overall, so many students and staff were moved and encouraged by this week. We were each encouraged to look at our own story. Who is writing it? What are the themes? I would like to say that each moment I am letting God write my story, yet how often am I really trying to take control in writing the next sentence or chapter, rather than truly seeking His will. A frequent theme I see in my life is the question of in what I am placing my identity. Is it in being a teacher, an athlete, a friend, a foreigner, or is it that I am a Child of God and I want my life to point to Christ? I pray that more and more the latter will be true!
I desire to claim Philippians 3:7-8, "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ!"
Go God for a mighty work this week! Pray that He continues to do great things in our school!
Romans 10:9 "If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Overall, so many students and staff were moved and encouraged by this week. We were each encouraged to look at our own story. Who is writing it? What are the themes? I would like to say that each moment I am letting God write my story, yet how often am I really trying to take control in writing the next sentence or chapter, rather than truly seeking His will. A frequent theme I see in my life is the question of in what I am placing my identity. Is it in being a teacher, an athlete, a friend, a foreigner, or is it that I am a Child of God and I want my life to point to Christ? I pray that more and more the latter will be true!
I desire to claim Philippians 3:7-8, "But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ!"
Go God for a mighty work this week! Pray that He continues to do great things in our school!
Some other fun events this week included...
A staff vs. student soccer game - It was a lot of fun even though we lost 5-3. ![]() |
| I am hiding by the back post hoping for a chance to score :) |
A middle school activity - A live version of the board game Scotland Yard.
My group was the robbers trying to make moves on the Stassenbahn (tram) and Ubahn (subway) to get away from the detectives. Moves would be reported to headquarters (a teacher's phone) and we would adjust accordingly. The detectives caught us, but we had a lot of fun in the process!
| Planning our first moves on the UBahn |
| Ninja Robbers waiting for the Strassenbahn |

No comments:
Post a Comment