Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Hills are Alive

The mountains of Salzburg and Hallstatt are hard to describe in words or even capture in photos, but I will try! Salzburg is a beautiful city and of course home to my favorite movie - The Sound of Music. Jessie and I took the official tour, which was so fun! Then we headed to I think the prettiest place I have ever been - Hallstatt, Austria. It is a quaint little town on a beautiful lake, completely surrounded my mountains. A highlight there was hiking a bit up into the mountains and taking time to journal, pray, read, and just enjoy the beauty around me!

Photos can maybe say more...
The back of the Von Trapp home

The famous gazebo - no one can go in anymore because an 80 year old woman
broke something trying to leap from one bench to another like Leisl. 



The steps where they sang Do - Re- Mi
The gate at the Nonnberg Abbey




Salzburg


The top of the Untersberg Mountain - The same mountain the Von Trapps escaped on
(however the way they were going in the movie would have actually led them to Germany). 


Hallstatt

We are excited to be hiking in Hallstatt




1 comment:

  1. this seems so right... like becca stepped right out of the sound of music. :)

    ReplyDelete