So why are we so often timid in sharing with others the incredible message of God's grace and love? I have been asking myself that question, and it seems to be a theme of conversation with a few friends and family members I've been talking to. Jesus Christ is alive and is our hope!! Thankfully, it's not about what we do but about what He did for us! Yet, I find myself timid to share this most amazing truth with boldness. Why would I even hesitate? Doesn't eternity matter more?! Does my "reputation" really matter? Truth is, I want to be known as one who follows Jesus and whose life reflects His humility and love.
I have been reading through the Bible this year and have just finished the book of Ezekiel, which is quite a strange book, I must admit. God asks Ezekiel to do lots of strange things and give up basically everything he holds dear to get the attention of the Israelites. God tells him of the dire consequences of not warning the people, though ultimately they must choose how they respond. Ultimately in the book God continually repeats that what He does is so that the nations "will know that I am the Lord". May I have more boldness in my classroom and with friends to share this truth, so they may know that He is God!
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go!" Joshua 1:9
It has been so evident that God is with me here in Vienna, even in the little ways that He has answered prayers and encouraged me. When I miss home or feel defeated or unworthy, He has been with me and worked in great ways in spite of me. I pray He will continue to humble me and urge me to be bold and obedient.
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15-16a
Good thoughts! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete