Wednesday, November 23, 2011

New Country, New Cultures

This past weekend, I got to go to a new country, Slovakia,  as well as learn a lot about Korea! Strange combination it seems. Friday after school, I was able to hang out with a few of my students who are Korean. They patiently taught me some Korean words, and they also told me about life in Korea. I love learning about new cultures! Then Saturday, I traveled just about one hour by train and arrived in a new country - Slovakia. One of my friends from school lives in Bratislava and commutes each day to Vienna. She gave several of our co-workers a tour, and then I spent the evening with her and was able to go to church with her on Sunday. There at church the merge of cultures happened. A Korean church in Bratislava joined their church that morning. They sang two songs in Korean and shared in a great morning of worship and hearing God's Word (it was a blessing to me they were there also because they translated the message into English). After this weekend, I have added a few words in new languages to my vocabulary, but mostly I have been blessed by new friendships, learning about new cultures, and seeing God's hand in bringing the nations together to worship Him!




New friends

Korean Hymns sung at a Slovak Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment