ICSV Choir Performs at Peterskirche
Our high school choir performed Christmas Carols at one of the oldest cathedrals in Vienna - St. Peter's.
| Front of Peterskirche |
Discipleship
I asked one of my students the other day if she would be interested in reading the Bible together. She didn't seem sure at first but then one day before class she said she was free the next day at lunch!!!! We read through the beginning chapters of Matthew together and pretty much all of it was new to her! Pray for my continued times of meeting with her! Pray that Christmas will have such a powerful new meaning this year!
UN Bazaar
The United Nations hosted an International Bazaar featuring booths, food, songs, and dances from countries all over the world! I just walked around in awe of all that I could take in from the world in one place.
Highlights:
Eating food from Kenya (reminded me of my trip there 7 years ago)
Seeing our students giving of their time to volunteer at the event
Watching traditional dances - one of our students performed in a dance from Indonesia
| These pictures hardly capture the extent of the event! |
Coaching
I am the assistant coach for the girls basketball team! We have our first game on Wednesday in a neighboring country (yes, country not town - crazy!).
Thanksgiving in Vienna
I ended up with 3 thanksgiving meals in Europe, when I am used to 1 maybe 2 in America!
1)One at a Gala in honor of our school's 25th Anniversary
2) One at the lovely home of a family from our school
3) And one at the school where my future Sister-in-law, Allison, was student teaching in Prague, Czech Republic.
Between those meals were some football games (played and watched) and a wonderful weekend exploring the beautiful city of Prague with Allison.
| We got to travel to Prague with some of our students :) |
| Sisters |
![]() |
![]() |
| We are excited to be in Prague! |
| Waiting in a crazy crowd for the lighting of the Christmas Tree! |
| Finally!! The lighting of the tree was synchronized with a live orchestra! Amazing! |
Turkey Bowl - Thanksgiving Morning






No comments:
Post a Comment