Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spirit Week

Apparently Spirit Week is just an American concept, but it was quite a success among International Students. While we did not have a big game at the end of the week, it did create a fun atmosphere for the week and hopefully more unity among the classes. Each day there was a theme dress and a competition between the classes. Here's a look at the week...

 Monday: 

  • Pajama Day - I decided not to participate in this one, but I did wear my Illinois slippers :)

Tuesday:

  • Twin Day - The only shoes Jessie and I have the exact same are our gym shoes, which added an awesome touch to our outfits!
  • Staff vs. Student basketball game - yes, I was the ref - that was quite humorous, but fun! 

Crazy game of musical chairs
The intensity begins!
Way to go staff!


Wednesday:

  • Wacky Tacky Day - Somehow I didn't get a picture of my beautiful outfit today. 
  • PI DAY (3.14) - the best day ever for math teachers :), of course I wore my pi earrings. 


A live version of rock paper scissors, but rather gorilla, gun, ninja!
Enjoying pie!
One of my student's made this for me :)

In a subway station in Vienna! Had to take a pic on pi day!
The digits do keep going pretty far.
Thursday:

  • Cartoon Day - Thanks to our very creative coworker, we transformed into the Power Puff girls

With the student PowerPuff girls too!
Friday:

  • Blue and Gold Day - School colors
  • Queen of Cloves Day - The middle school boys wore clovers around their neck and if they talked to a girl they had to give it up to them. It was a role reversal from King of Hearts day (Valentine's day) where the boys had to try to "win" the heart of a girl! 
  • Also, I hosted a fun 6th grade girls hangout! 
Sunday:
  • Honor's Choir - 10 other Christian schools in Europe brought their top choir students and performed at a cathedral here in Vienna! The theme was Gather the Nations... with music from around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment