While I love teaching, I also love the perk of getting the summers off! This summer has been full of many blessings...
1) Traveling with my parents.
For about 2 weeks we hit the ground running and traveled to 4 different countries (technically 5 if you count the Vatican City) around Austria. It was a joy to explore new places, but especially to spend quality time in person with my parents!
2) Space Camp
Space Camp was a week long Christian camp for kids aged 6-12 in Vienna to learn English and/or German (depending on which was their native/stronger language). The Gospel was clearly presented each day through songs, skits, stations, and stories and embraced by at least 5 kids! As a small group leader, I really enjoyed getting to know my kids, and it was a good opportunity for me to pick up at least a little more German too.
3) Serving others
I am not very good at just sitting around as many of you know, so it's been neat to have more flexibility to serve and hang out with others through house sitting, babysitting, and helping them move.
4) Support
I have been amazed by people's response to continue to give to and pray for the ministry at ICSV!
5) Running
This spring I had an irritated back and was unable to run for a couple months! Running for me is a time for praying, clearing my head, and enjoying the outdoors. This month, I've been able to get back into running, and the Lord has challenged my mind and motives on why I run (so as not to make it an idol, but rather an opportunity to fix my mind back on Him)!
6) Reading and Rest
I've enjoyed more time to read and spend time with God. He's been teaching me to rest in Him and wait on Him. I am, as I said, not great at sitting still and especially at listening. I have been challenged in this area this summer and have a long way to go. God's faithfulness, compassion, grace, and love are so worth running after and resting in!
1) Traveling with my parents.
For about 2 weeks we hit the ground running and traveled to 4 different countries (technically 5 if you count the Vatican City) around Austria. It was a joy to explore new places, but especially to spend quality time in person with my parents!
| Paragliding in the Alps was the highlight of the trip for me! |
2) Space Camp
Space Camp was a week long Christian camp for kids aged 6-12 in Vienna to learn English and/or German (depending on which was their native/stronger language). The Gospel was clearly presented each day through songs, skits, stations, and stories and embraced by at least 5 kids! As a small group leader, I really enjoyed getting to know my kids, and it was a good opportunity for me to pick up at least a little more German too.
3) Serving others
I am not very good at just sitting around as many of you know, so it's been neat to have more flexibility to serve and hang out with others through house sitting, babysitting, and helping them move.
4) Support
I have been amazed by people's response to continue to give to and pray for the ministry at ICSV!
5) Running
This spring I had an irritated back and was unable to run for a couple months! Running for me is a time for praying, clearing my head, and enjoying the outdoors. This month, I've been able to get back into running, and the Lord has challenged my mind and motives on why I run (so as not to make it an idol, but rather an opportunity to fix my mind back on Him)!
6) Reading and Rest
I've enjoyed more time to read and spend time with God. He's been teaching me to rest in Him and wait on Him. I am, as I said, not great at sitting still and especially at listening. I have been challenged in this area this summer and have a long way to go. God's faithfulness, compassion, grace, and love are so worth running after and resting in!
No comments:
Post a Comment