Friday, September 23, 2011

How tall are you?

So the "height" of excitment around ICSV seems to be trying to figure out how tall I am. Apparently my height, or should I say lack there of, has been an intriguing thing for the students here. I have gotten the typical blunt elementary student question, "Why are you so short?", To which I respond, "Because God made me this way!" Upon another teacher's mention of me, a high school student, who was trying to place who I was, commented, "Oh, you mean Little Miss?". He was a bit embarrassed, but the nickname is starting to stick among the teachers.
Yesterday, a staff member replayed a conversation that happened with her and a few of my students. They were awkwardly and politely trying to ask if she knew how tall I was. One of them, who is not super tall himself, seems quite intrigued by how short I am and always seems to find things funny in class - I think there might be a correlation. It doesn't help when I am explaining things to the two boys in that class who are over 6 foot tall! However, they are very helpful when I can't reach things, for example the white board :)! And I am sure there are more stories to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment